Most people agree that exercising is good for the body, but what are the real benefits for the mind?
Physical Therapy, Wellness And Occupational Therapy
What is the SMARTfit Difference?
- Increase referrals
- Measure patient results
- Customizable protocols
- Small group programs
- Programming fits a variety of clinical scenarios
- Improve: Agility, Balance, Hand/Feet
- Coordination and Speed
Having clinicians on our staff, we know the importance of brain and body training for the purpose of rehabilitation, as well as being able to address both cognitive and physical aspects within certain conditions. We call it ‘Seize the Now’ programming.
SMARTfit programming provides the missing link by focusing on training the brain to function efficiently while concurrently placing a neuromuscular, neuromotor, and neurocognitive sets of demands on the body.
SMARTfit’s line of ‘Seize the Now’ training systems engages patients of all ages in learning and exercise with captivating, interactive technology.
SMARTfit’s App driven range of protocols integrates brain and motor neuro-pathway building concepts to provide recovery and wellness benefits for patients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Ease of Use
- Fast Set Up
- App that drives the Model - iOS/Android interface
- Enlist in an therapist supervised or self-monitored training program
- Gain greater levels of neurological, motor and physical efficiency in record time.
SMARTfit technology combines seven key elements to create a unique, fun, measurable and highly effective integrated multisensory brain-body therapy experience.
- Multisensory stimulation
- High-level engagement through protocols
- Instant feedback via measurable and tracked results
- Real, tactile, resistance and impact based training
- Multi-planar lower body movement over various distances & directions
- Multi-planar upper body functional movements
- Testing that helps you know when a patient is making progress
SMARTfit Intelligent Clinical Programming
An advanced therapy method and range of programs for clinicians
- Dashboard view of patient’s overall progress
- Generate, print or email patient’s progress
- Create unlimited number of accounts for clients
- Reaction based protocols
- Scalable Programming for all user types
- Cognitive Problem Solving
- Programming from Low Stress to High Stress situations
- Programming Cognitive Intensity from Mild to Aggressive Activities.
- Programming Static Drills to Dynamic Drills
- Promote postural control and correction
- Facilitate proprioceptive/balance training
- Improve functional mobility
- Increase strength and physical endurance
- Visual-motor training
- Increase upper extremity strength, range of motion, endurance and activity tolerance
- Improve problem solving skills
- Improve bilateral coordination and eye hand coordination
Neuro-cognitive Fitness Training
- Increase speed and span of visual processing
- Improve visual attention and memory
- Train visual reaction time
- Improve decision making
SMARTfit provides clinical advantages for the recovery and aptive needs of patients. Help your patients explore physical movements and how their brain interacts.
SMARTfit® is a workout console with an integrated CPU which allows users to configure a comprehensive collection of gamefied activites and programs to fit every participant regardless of age or ability. Trainers can draw from an extensive list of pre-designed activities and programs or, they can design their own and assign them to specific participants, then track, scale, and measure their development. This provides objective evidence of development which motivates participation and retention. The CPU is controlled by an iOS and Android App which allows users to develop their own personal workflow.
Re-Establish The Connection Between The Brain and Body
- Improves motor and eye/hand coordination
- Improves cognitive skills
- Boosts memory function and attention span
- Increased mental and physical reaction time
- Improved immediate decision-making skills
- Enhanced executive strategy & technique under pressure
- Improves perceptual motor skills including visual and auditory processing and sequencing.
Who Is Using SMARTfit?
“Everything in Parkinson’s research points to the need for combining cognitive challenges with physical activities- I cannot think of a better way to do that than with SMARTfit.”
Beth Fisher, PhD, PT, FAPTA Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy Director, Neuroplasticity and Imaging Laboratory Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy University of Southern California
Gaming has been considered by some to be nothing more than a source for laziness. However, with a recent rise in neuroscientific studies regarding the aids of gaming on neuroplasticity and cognitive enhancement, gaming may be the next breakthrough in helping to treat traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
Overview of the Nervous System The nervous system consists of the central nervous system (CNS- brain and spinal cord) and the peripheral nervous...