All species on Earth are divided into two categories:
- Those that move which have a brain
- Those that don’t move which do not have a brain
It can be accepted that movement and having a brain are integrally tied together for many reasons. Over time, this connection was primarily tied to survival. Using executive function to decide on an action and then the rest of the body/brain executing on the decision whether it was for food, shelter or defense/offense. This Visual, cognitive, sensory, motor interaction provided life with its key tools to evolve.
Over the past forty years we have seen three events disrupting this natural development and maintenance of human health and possibly human DNA:
- Technology is doing our moving/work and humans are moving less resulting in an explosion of inactivity related health conditions;
- The amount of technology bombarding human consciousness is affecting our ability to be present. Human perception of time is learned and possibly imprinted genetically. This bombardment sets up the false concept of multi-tasking, resulting in an explosion of mental health conditions related to stress, anxiety and depression;
- Environmental toxins are ravaging the human neurological/endocrine system at epidemic levels;
The negative impact on human health is obvious. Less obvious is how this is impacting human DNA, the consequences of which cannot be underestimated. A collaboration of leading researchers are planning an international study to use SMARTfit to fully understand this.
While the solution lies in addressing all three issues, we believe SMARTfit technology can assist in two of these areas:
- Recreate a rehab/exercise program that simulates the way we evolved but is deliverable in a modern way;
- Train people to increase their ability to be present. Using the concept of how athletes learn to find the FLOW or ZONE, train the population to process faster and more efficiently thus providing a way to expand their ability to stay in the NOW (Seize the NOW) – slow down the perception of time.
SMARTfit can be used to capture the evidence of conditions, the treatment/training, and the progress of the interaction between the cognitive and motor functions. This information can also provide evidence of the progress and reversal of this interaction at a DNA level which can lead to a breakthrough in understanding how the three recent events listed above are affecting human health as well as provide a pathway to scientifically validated solutions.
SMARTfit is looking forward to participating in this international research program. Stay tuned to learn more as we get going.